Admission in MIHS
CRITERIA & REQUIREMENTS FOR MBBS/BDS ADMISSIONS IN SESSION 2021-22
Admissions at Margalla College of Dentistry would be strictly on merit without consideration to gender, religion, race, creed, color or domicile. Students from anywhere in Pakistan and overseas may apply. There are no quotas, reserved seats or admissions against donations. Merit-based admissions are open to candidates from around the world.
Admission Committee & Interview Panel
College Admission Committee consisting following would be formed with the sole aim to devise and execute admission policies and process the admissions strictly on merit.
- Chief Executive/Executive director, who shall also be the Chairperson of the committee.
- Principal/ Dean of College.
- Vice Principal/Senior most faculty member of the institution.
- Faculty member nominated by the academic council of the institution.
- Manager Admissions
Following is the criteria and requirements for admissions to the dental (BDS) program at Margalla College of Dentistry (MCD) for review and final approval by the Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) as per the provisions of Section 18(3) of the PMC Act 2020 and PMC letter dated February 16, 2021.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- A candidate must have passed obtaining minimum sixty five (65) percent marks, in higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc (Pre-medical) or equivalent examination having minimum twelve years of education; or
- He/She must have passed, obtaining minimum sixty five (65) percent marks in aggregate in, an examination of a course from a foreign university or examining body or foreign education system with at least three science subjects i.e. biology, chemistry and either physics or mathematics and such course must have been duly certified by the inter- boards committee of chairmen (IBCC) as equivalent to higher secondary school certificate (HSSC) or F.Sc or intermediate level of Pakistan.
- He/She must have passed the MDCAT examination held by Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC) or University (as the case may be or notified accordingly by the PMC). The passing marks for MDCAT would be 65% or as defined/ announced by PMC or the exam conducting authority.
- It would be the prerogative of the institute, not to conduct interviews at all in case of certain conditions as approved by the Admission Committee. In such case, admissions would be processed based on 75% aggregate, as stipulated below.
- CALCULATION OF MERIT
- For purposes of formulating the merit list, the MDCAT result shall carry a 25% weightage as per PMC Medical & Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum & Conduct) Regulation 2021 - Amended.
- 50% weightage shall be given to the students marks acquired in the FSC or equivalent marks as certified by IBCC in the case of any other recognized high school qualification obtained by either an external board examination taken in Pakistan or outside Pakistan.
- 25% weightage would be given to marks obtained in the interview, to be conducted by college.
- A student can be given only one (1) alternate date in case of any problem or timeline clash with any other institute’s interview. A student not appearing in interview would be considered as not interested for admission.
- The College shall add the score of the interview and consolidate with the MDCAT and F.Sc/IBCC equivalence based Merit aggregate of the student. The college shall finalize the total aggregate out of 100% for final merit of the students.
- If two or more students have exactly the same merit up to five decimal points, the students in merit shall be listed by age with the student older in age being placed higher than the student lower in age.
- This aggregate wise merit shall be used by the college for the purpose of final admission offer, subject to certain requirements to be fulfilled including fee submission & documentation etc.
- COMPLETE MERIT LIST DISPLAY & ADMISSION OFFERING
- A complete and final merit list of all the qualifying candidates would be displayed on college website, after conclusion of interviews.
- Students would be offered provisional admissions on the condition of submitting already announced college dues and completing documentation and submitting affidavits etc within due dates.
- STRUCTURE OF INTERVIEW
- Interviews would comprise of
- 10% marks of emotional stability, intelligence, articulation & personality
- 5% marks of productive use of time and other experiences indicating potential for leadership
- 10% marks shall be allocated to aptitude, general knowledge relating to competency level and reflecting the magnitude concerning to his/her academic objectives.
- APPLICATION/ADMISSION PROCESS
- The Admission Application process would start after the declaration of MDCAT result by the Pakistan Medical Commission/University, as the case may be.
- A minimum of 7 days time would be given to students to apply for BDS program at Margalla College of Dentistry.
- Admissions would be announced at college Website (www.margalla.edu.pk), official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/margalla.edu.pk) and/or a newspaper advert.
- Students would be required to obtain college prospectus and application form from college and submit a properly filled in application form complete in all respects along with required documents within due date at college admission office.
- It would be the responsibility of a student to make sure that the form is complete in all respects and it has been submitted in college within the due date announced. No application would be accepted after the due date and hence would not be entitled for admission processing.
- All received & complete applications would be compiled and an aggregate of MDCAT (25%) and Fsc or equivalent (50%) would be made out of total 75%. Students would then be called for interviews in merit wise batches. It would be the prerogative of the institute, not to conduct interviews at all in case of certain conditions as approved by the Admission Committee. In such case, admissions would be processed based on 75% aggregate, as stipulated above.
- After interviews, students would be offered provisional admissions on the condition of submitting already announced college dues and completing documentation and submitting affidavits etc within due dates.
- In case of a student dropout or removal, a next in line candidate on merit list would be offered admission till the completion of admissions.
- Final admitted merit list would be displayed on college website and submitted to University/PMC as per the timelines issued by them.
- Classes to be started in last week of December or in January.
- HEC refund policy would be followed in case of any refund application.
- On submission of fake/forged documents and confirmed at any time after admission, a students’ admission would be cancelled and the student would be rusticated from college and reported to PMC and University. All fee deposited would be confiscated and no refund allowed. Student would be charged with the remaining years’ fee for wasting a valuable seat.
The above criteria of admissions is for the BDS programs offered by Margalla College of Dentistry for Academic Year 2021-22. The information provided is subject to change due to certain government policies including but not limited to MDCAT and SAT-II entry test for overseas/foreign candidates, any quota announcements for under developed areas of Gilgit, Balochistan & tribal areas of old FATA etc by Federal and/or provincial government.
Candidates aiming to apply for above stated program are advised to get updated information from college website or admission office before applying.
Margalla Institute of Health Sciences is an equal opportunity organization. There is no discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, race, colour, creed or domicile. Anyone who is academically qualified for admission and fulfils the eligibility criteria to the courses of study offered by the institute is encouraged to apply. There are no quotas and no reserved seats.
The selection of students is meticulously done by the admission committee and approved by the Head of respective colleges and The Board of Directors.
The candidates who are eligible to apply for admission must ensure submission of the following attested copies of documents along with their application form.
- Recent Photograph (with blue background, 1×1 inch) : (Four Copies)
- Recent Photograph (with blue background, Passport size) : (Twelve Copies)
- Character Certificate : (One Copy)
- SSC / O – Level : (Six Copies)
- HSSC / A – Level : (Six Copies)
- Equivalent Certificate form IBCC for O/A Level : (Six Copies)
- Student’s NIC / B Form : (Six Copies)
- Domicile : (Two Copies)
- Parent’s / Guardian’s NIC : (Six Copies)
- MCAT / ETEA Entry Test result / NTS : Original
- NOC for other Board / University and Undertaking on : Original Stamp Paper submitted after the admission
- Mental and Physical Fitness Certificate to be submitted : Original after the admission as per requirement of PM&DC
No application for admission will be considered unless completely made out on the prescribed form by the candidate in his/her own hand writing. If any of the above certificates/documents are found to be false or forged, legal action will be taken against the student and his/her admission will be cancelled.
Initially, all admissions in MIHS will be provisional. Any candidate, whose particulars, certificates or any other document submitted with the admission form are found to be incorrect or wrong after the verification from the respective examination board, will be struck off from the college roll, even if the candidate has been admitted.
No show cause notice will be necessary for any action under this rule of admission. The candidate who fails to report for interview of admission on the prescribed date shall be considered to have forfeited his/her chance of admission in MCD/MIHS.
The students of other provinces of Pakistan can also apply if they have appeared in the entrance test of their respective province and will provide the result of the test. Previous year’s entry test will not be accepted.
If any student during his studies at MCD/MIHS does not follow college rules or found violating disciplinary rules, will be liable to be expelled from the college. All cases of expulsion will be processed by the College Principal and will be forwarded to the Chairman MIHS for final line of action.
Application forms and photocopies of the documents of candidates who are not selected will not be returned.
The information provided here about the admission process and requirements for various disciplines of Margalla Institute of Health Sciences should not be taken as binding on the Institute. Information contained herein, including admission procedure, criteria of examinations regulation, fee and dues etc. is periodically reviewed and revised by the competent authority and the authority has the rights to change any rules, regulations and financial effects applicable to students whenever it is deemed appropriate or necessary.