Admission in MIHS
The Margalla College of Dentistry, Rawalpindi, invites online applications from eligible candidates for admission in BDS program (Session 2022-2023).
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR OPEN MERIT/OVERSEAS STUDENTS
FOR OPEN MERIT
- The Candidate has passed F.Sc./HSSC (Pre-Medical) or equivalent examination with the subjects of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics/Mathematics and obtained a minimum of 60% (660/1100) marks.
- The candidates who qualified F.Sc/HSSC or equivalent exam result of 2021,only their “Elective Subject Marks” and percentage will be considered.
- The Candidate has qualified the MDCAT-2022 with a minimum 45% (i.e., 90/200) marks for admission to BDS program.
- The repeating candidates can use their last Year i.e., MDCAT -2021 result if it is better provided that the score must be 65% (i.e., 137/210) or above.
FOR FOREIGN/OVERSEAS SEATS STUDENTS
No candidate shall be eligible for foreign quota seats in public and private medical and dental colleges under sub- regulations (1) and (2) unless he holds a permanent foreign nationality or dual nationality or overseas Pakistani student who has studies and passed HSSC 12th grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and has stayed in the foreign country for whole duration of the above- mentioned course on a permanent Residence permit.
The weightage criteria for calculation of merit for admission shall be as follows:
Matriculation/SSC/Equivalent - 10%
F.Sc/HSSC Pre-Medical / equivalent - 40%
MDCAT - 50%
HOW TO APPLY:
Step 1: Students are required to fill all required fields & re-check before clicking submit button.
Step 2: It is the responsibility of student to provide complete & correct information.
Step 3: Selected candidates (merit wise) would be updated with all admission information on email and/or contact numbers provided in application form.
Step 4: Make sure to check your emails and SMS regularly.
Step 5: Merit list of all students applied would be displayed on college website after due date of application submission.
Step 6: Upload the scanned copies (JPGs/PNG/JPEG) of required educational documents (Max size 2-MB each document).
Step 7: Pay online application processing fee (Rs.1000/-) online in any Allied Bank Branch
(Account Number: 0010027207350019, Account Title: Margalla College of Dentistry)
Step 8: After submitting your form online, a confirmation message pops up on website.
Step 9: Name your all the uploaded documents on the basis of your CNIC and corresponding degree i.e., (Cnic_matric, CNIC_fsc, CNIC_mdcat) also send your documents images on WhatsApp (0345-9599913) with Student Name to confirm your application.
Step 10: In case of any queries or admission assistance, please contact Admission Office =>
051-59742-83, 0345-95999-13, 0345-95999-15
- For the candidates who passed their HSSC Pre-Medical/equivalent exam last year (i.e., in 2021) and are now applying for admissions in medical/dental colleges for the Session 2022-23, the marks obtained by them in science subjects only (i.e., Biology, Chemistry and Physics/Mathematics) shall be used for the purpose of calculation of their merit.
- Applications shall only be received through online portal. Incomplete applications or those submitted in violation of the prescribed procedure shall be rejected. Non-payment of the Processing Fee within due date shall result in the rejection of the application. Print-out of application (Final Copy) and paid fee challan need not to be submitted to the University but should be kept for record.
- The candidature/admission of a candidate found to have submitted forged/fake/fabricated documents or incorrect/false information shall be cancelled immediately.
- Please carefully go through the Prospectus for the Session 2022-2023
All the Merit and Selection Lists will be displayed on Margalla College website. Candidates selected for admission shall be informed through Call/SMS/Email. They can deposit the fee manually in Pay order/Bank draft or through online transaction in any Allied Bank of Pakistan. Failure to submit the college fee within due date shall result in the cancellation of admission.
Margalla Institute of Health Sciences is an equal opportunity organization. There is no discrimination on the basis of sex, religion, race, colour, creed or domicile. Anyone who is academically qualified for admission and fulfils the eligibility criteria to the courses of study offered by the institute is encouraged to apply. There are no quotas and no reserved seats.
The selection of students is meticulously done by the admission committee and approved by the Head of respective colleges and The Board of Directors.
The candidates who are eligible to apply for admission must ensure submission of the following attested copies of documents along with their application form.
- Recent Photograph (with blue background, 1×1 inch) : (Four Copies)
- Recent Photograph (with blue background, Passport size) : (Twelve Copies)
- Character Certificate : (One Copy)
- SSC / O – Level : (Six Copies)
- HSSC / A – Level : (Six Copies)
- Equivalent Certificate form IBCC for O/A Level : (Six Copies)
- Student’s NIC / B Form : (Six Copies)
- Domicile : (Two Copies)
- Parent’s / Guardian’s NIC : (Six Copies)
- MCAT / ETEA Entry Test result / NTS : Original
- NOC for other Board / University and Undertaking on : Original Stamp Paper submitted after the admission
- Mental and Physical Fitness Certificate to be submitted : Original after the admission as per requirement of PM&DC
No application for admission will be considered unless completely made out on the prescribed form by the candidate in his/her own hand writing. If any of the above certificates/documents are found to be false or forged, legal action will be taken against the student and his/her admission will be cancelled.
Initially, all admissions in MIHS will be provisional. Any candidate, whose particulars, certificates or any other document submitted with the admission form are found to be incorrect or wrong after the verification from the respective examination board, will be struck off from the college roll, even if the candidate has been admitted.
No show cause notice will be necessary for any action under this rule of admission. The candidate who fails to report for interview of admission on the prescribed date shall be considered to have forfeited his/her chance of admission in MCD/MIHS.
The students of other provinces of Pakistan can also apply if they have appeared in the entrance test of their respective province and will provide the result of the test. Previous year’s entry test will not be accepted.
If any student during his studies at MCD/MIHS does not follow college rules or found violating disciplinary rules, will be liable to be expelled from the college. All cases of expulsion will be processed by the College Principal and will be forwarded to the Chairman MIHS for final line of action.
Application forms and photocopies of the documents of candidates who are not selected will not be returned.
The information provided here about the admission process and requirements for various disciplines of Margalla Institute of Health Sciences should not be taken as binding on the Institute. Information contained herein, including admission procedure, criteria of examinations regulation, fee and dues etc. is periodically reviewed and revised by the competent authority and the authority has the rights to change any rules, regulations and financial effects applicable to students whenever it is deemed appropriate or necessary.